Fixing Cracks In Plaster Walls This Old House Vertical Crack Drywall Above Door Ideas How To . ( Cracks Appearing In Ceilings #1)
Howdy there, this image is about Fixing Cracks In Plaster Walls This Old House Vertical Crack Drywall Above Door Ideas How To . ( Cracks Appearing In Ceilings #1). This post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 972 x 729. It's file size is just 99 KB. If You decided to save This photo to Your PC, you can Click here. You also too see more images by clicking the following image or see more at here: Cracks Appearing In Ceilings.
Fixing Cracks In Plaster Walls This Old House Vertical Crack Drywall Above Door Ideas How To . ( Cracks Appearing In Ceilings #1) Pictures Album
There are a few essential things you need to know and contemplate in selecting an office chair for your corporation.
- Select A couch that's smooth if you sit down or an appropriate foam.
- Choose a certain model office chairs, office chairs usually have both feet of the chair, hydraulic, a guarantee of a couple of years, along with the biceps of the chair throughout the decided.
- Choose a seat according to the budget / needs of your corporation.
- Alter the colour of the seat with your flavor and shade of the office furniture.
Along side that, sometimes we are baffled. Cracks Appearing In Ceilings that we need while at the office is very important, but to the other hand we likewise feel shame, office seats which we've been there it truly is just the form and color have not been suitable.
Crackscrack (krak),USA pronunciation v.i.
- to break without complete separation of parts;
become fissured: The plate cracked when I dropped it, but it was still usable.
- to break with a sudden, sharp sound: The branch cracked under the weight of the snow.
- to make a sudden, sharp sound in or as if in breaking;
snap: The whip cracked.
- (of the voice) to break abruptly and discordantly, esp. into an upper register, as because of weariness or emotion.
- to fail;
give way: His confidence cracked under the strain.
- to succumb or break down, esp. under severe psychological pressure, torture, or the like: They questioned him steadily for 24 hours before he finally cracked.
- to decompose as a result of being subjected to heat.
- [Chiefly South Midland and Southern U.S.]to brag;
- [Chiefly Scot.]to chat;
- to cause to make a sudden sharp sound: The driver cracked the whip.
- to break without complete separation of parts;
break into fissures.
- to break with a sudden, sharp sound: to crack walnuts.
- to strike and thereby make a sharp noise: The boxer cracked his opponent on the jaw.
- to induce or cause to be stricken with sorrow or emotion;
- to utter or tell: to crack jokes.
- to cause to make a cracking sound: to crack one's knuckles.
- to damage, weaken, etc.: The new evidence against him cracked his composure.
- to make mentally unsound.
- to make (the voice) harsh or unmanageable.
- to solve;
decipher: to crack a murder case.
- to break into (a safe, vault, etc.).
- to subject to the process of cracking, as in the distillation of petroleum.
- to open and drink (a bottle of wine, liquor, beer, etc.).
- crack a book, [Informal.]to open a book in order to study or read: He hardly ever cracked a book.
- crack a smile, [Informal.]to smile.
- crack down, to take severe or stern measures, esp. in enforcing obedience to laws or regulations: The police are starting to crack down on local drug dealers.
- crack off, to cause (a piece of hot glass) to fall from a blowpipe or punty.
- crack on, [Naut.]
- (of a sailing vessel) to sail in high winds under sails that would normally be furled.
- (of a power vessel) to advance at full speed in heavy weather.
- crack up, [Informal.]
- to suffer a mental or emotional breakdown.
- to crash, as in an automobile or airplane: He skidded into the telephone pole and cracked up.
- to wreck an automobile, airplane, or other vehicle.
- to laugh or to cause to laugh unrestrainedly: That story about the revolving door really cracked me up. Ed cracked up, too, when he heard it.
- crack wise, [Slang.]to wisecrack: We tried to be serious, but he was always cracking wise.
- get cracking, [Informal.]
- to begin moving or working;
start: Let's get cracking on these dirty dishes!
- to work or move more quickly.
- a break without complete separation of parts;
- a slight opening, as between boards in a floor or wall, or between a door and its doorpost.
- a sudden, sharp noise, as of something breaking.
- the snap of or as of a whip.
- a resounding blow: He received a terrific crack on the head when the branch fell.
- a witty or cutting remark;
- a break or change in the flow or tone of the voice.
try: Give him first crack at the new job.
- a flaw or defect.
- Also called rock. [Slang.]pellet-size pieces of highly purified cocaine, prepared with other ingredients for smoking, and known to be especially potent and addicting.
- [Masonry.]check1 (def. 46).
- a mental defect or deficiency.
- a shot, as with a rifle: At the first crack, the deer fell.
- a moment;
instant: He was on his feet again in a crack.
- a burglary, esp. an instance of housebreaking.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a person or thing that excels in some respect.
- (vulgar). the vulva.
- [Chiefly Scot.]conversation;
- [Archaic.]a burglar.
- fall through the cracks, to be overlooked, missed, or neglected: In any inspection process some defective materials will fall through the cracks.Also, slip between the cracks.
excellent: a crack shot.
- with a cracking sound.
Inin (in),USA pronunciation prep., adv., adj., n., v., inned, in•ning.
- (used to indicate inclusion within space, a place, or limits): walking in the park.
- (used to indicate inclusion within something abstract or immaterial): in politics; in the autumn.
- (used to indicate inclusion within or occurrence during a period or limit of time): in ancient times; a task done in ten minutes.
- (used to indicate limitation or qualification, as of situation, condition, relation, manner, action, etc.): to speak in a whisper; to be similar in appearance.
- (used to indicate means): sketched in ink; spoken in French.
- (used to indicate motion or direction from outside to a point within) into: Let's go in the house.
- (used to indicate transition from one state to another): to break in half.
- (used to indicate object or purpose): speaking in honor of the event.
- in that, because;
inasmuch as: In that you won't have time for supper, let me give you something now.
- in or into some place, position, state, relation, etc.: Please come in.
- on the inside;
- in one's house or office.
- in office or power.
- in possession or occupancy.
- having the turn to play, as in a game.
- [Baseball.](of an infielder or outfielder) in a position closer to home plate than usual;
short: The third baseman played in, expecting a bunt.
- on good terms;
in favor: He's in with his boss, but he doubts it will last.
- in vogue;
in style: He says straw hats will be in this year.
- in season: Watermelons will soon be in.
- be in for, to be bound to undergo something, esp. a disagreeable experience: We are in for a long speech.
- in for it, [Slang.]about to suffer chastisement or unpleasant consequences, esp. of one's own actions or omissions: I forgot our anniversary again, and I'll be in for it now.Also,[Brit.,] for it.
- in with, on friendly terms with;
familiar or associating with: They are in with all the important people.
- located or situated within;
internal: the in part of a mechanism.
- in favor with advanced or sophisticated people;
stylish: the in place to dine; Her new novel is the in book to read this summer.
- comprehensible only to a special or ultrasophisticated group: an in joke.
included in a favored group.
inbound: an in train.
- being in power, authority, control, etc.: a member of the in party.
- playing the last nine holes of an eighteen-hole golf course (opposed to out): His in score on the second round was 34.
- Usually, ins. persons in office or political power (distinguished from outs).
- a member of the political party in power: The election made him an in.
- pull or influence;
a social advantage or connection: He's got an in with the senator.
- (in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) a return or service that lands within the in-bounds limits of a court or section of a court (opposed to out).
v.t. Brit. [Dial.]
- to enclose.
Plasterplas•ter (plas′tər, plä′stər),USA pronunciation n.
- a composition, as of lime or gypsum, sand, water, and sometimes hair or other fiber, applied in a pasty form to walls, ceilings, etc., and allowed to harden and dry.
- powdered gypsum.
- See plaster of Paris.
- a solid or semisolid preparation spread upon cloth, plastic, or other material and applied to the body, esp. for some healing purpose.
- to cover (walls, ceilings, etc.) with plaster.
- to treat with gypsum or plaster of Paris.
- to lay flat like a layer of plaster.
- to daub or fill with plaster or something similar.
- to apply a plaster to (the body, a wound, etc.).
- to overspread with something, esp. thickly or excessively: a wall plastered with posters.
- to defeat decisively;
- to knock down or injure, as by a blow or beating.
- to inflict serious damage or injury on by heavy bombing, shelling, or other means of attack.
plas′ter•like′, plas′ter•y, adj.
Wallswall (wôl),USA pronunciation n.
- any of various permanent upright constructions having a length much greater than the thickness and presenting a continuous surface except where pierced by doors, windows, etc.: used for shelter, protection, or privacy, or to subdivide interior space, to support floors, roofs, or the like, to retain earth, to fence in an area, etc.
- Usually, walls. a rampart raised for defensive purposes.
- an immaterial or intangible barrier, obstruction, etc., suggesting a wall: a wall of prejudice.
- a wall-like, enclosing part, thing, mass, etc.: a wall of fire; a wall of troops.
- an embankment to prevent flooding, as a levee or sea wall.
- the Wall. See Berlin Wall.
- the outermost film or layer of structural material protecting, surrounding, and defining the physical limits of an object: the wall of a blood cell.
- the side of a level or drift.
- the overhanging or underlying side of a vein;
a hanging wall or footwall.
- climb the walls or climb walls, to become tense or frantic: climbing the walls with boredom.
- drive or push to the wall, to force into a desperate situation;
humiliate or ruin completely: Not content with merely winning the match, they used every opportunity to push the inferior team to the wall.
- go over the wall, to break out of prison: Roadblocks have been set up in an effort to capture several convicts who went over the wall.
- go to the wall:
- to be defeated in a conflict or competition;
- to fail in business, esp. to become bankrupt.
- to be put aside or forgotten.
- to take an extreme and determined position or measure: I'd go to the wall to stop him from resigning.
- hit the wall, (of long-distance runners) to reach a point in a race, usually after 20 miles, when the body's fuels are virtually depleted and willpower becomes crucial to be able to finish.
- off the wall:
- beyond the realm of acceptability or reasonableness: The figure you quoted for doing the work is off the wall.
- markedly out of the ordinary;
bizarre: Some of the clothes in the fashion show were too off the wall for the average customer.
- up against the wall:
- placed against a wall to be executed by a firing squad.
- in a crucial or critical position, esp. one in which defeat or failure seems imminent: Unless sales improve next month, the company will be up against the wall.
- up the wall, into an acutely frantic, frustrated, or irritated state: The constant tension in the office is driving everyone up the wall.
- of or pertaining to a wall: wall space.
- growing against or on a wall: wall plants; wall cress.
- situated, placed, or installed in or on a wall: wall oven; a wall safe.
- to enclose, shut off, divide, protect, border, etc., with or as if with a wall (often fol. by in or off): to wall the yard; to wall in the play area; He is walled in by lack of opportunity.
- to seal or fill (a doorway or other opening) with a wall: to wall an unused entrance.
- to seal or entomb (something or someone) within a wall (usually fol. by up): The workmen had walled up the cat quite by mistake.
Househouse (n., adj. hous;v. houz),USA pronunciation n., pl. hous•es (hou′ziz),USA pronunciation v., housed, hous•ing, adj.
- a building in which people live;
residence for human beings.
- a household.
- (often cap.) a family, including ancestors and descendants: the great houses of France; the House of Hapsburg.
- a building for any purpose: a house of worship.
- a theater, concert hall, or auditorium: a vaudeville house.
- the audience of a theater or the like.
- a place of shelter for an animal, bird, etc.
- the building in which a legislative or official deliberative body meets.
- (cap.) the body itself, esp. of a bicameral legislature: the House of Representatives.
- a quorum of such a body.
- (often cap.) a commercial establishment;
business firm: the House of Rothschild; a publishing house.
- a gambling casino.
- the management of a commercial establishment or of a gambling casino: rules of the house.
- an advisory or deliberative group, esp. in church or college affairs.
- a college in an English-type university.
- a residential hall in a college or school;
- the members or residents of any such residential hall.
- a brothel;
- a variety of lotto or bingo played with paper and pencil, esp. by soldiers as a gambling game.
- Also called parish. [Curling.]the area enclosed by a circle 12 or 14 ft. (3.7 or 4.2 m) in diameter at each end of the rink, having the tee in the center.
- any enclosed shelter above the weather deck of a vessel: bridge house; deck house.
- one of the 12 divisions of the celestial sphere, numbered counterclockwise from the point of the eastern horizon.
- bring down the house, to call forth vigorous applause from an audience;
be highly successful: The children's performances brought down the house.
- clean house. See clean (def. 46).
- dress the house, [Theat.]
- to fill a theater with many people admitted on free passes;
paper the house.
- to arrange or space the seating of patrons in such a way as to make an audience appear larger or a theater or nightclub more crowded than it actually is.
- keep house, to maintain a home;
manage a household.
- like a house on fire or afire, very quickly;
with energy or enthusiasm: The new product took off like a house on fire.
- on the house, as a gift from the management;
free: Tonight the drinks are on the house.
- put or set one's house in order:
- to settle one's affairs.
- to improve one's behavior or correct one's faults: It is easy to criticize others, but it would be better to put one's own house in order first.
- to put or receive into a house, dwelling, or living quarters: More than 200 students were housed in the dormitory.
- to give shelter to;
lodge: to house flood victims in schools.
- to provide with a place to work, study, or the like: This building houses our executive staff.
- to provide storage space for;
be a receptacle for or repository of: The library houses 600,000 books.
- to remove from exposure;
put in a safe place.
- to stow securely.
- to lower (an upper mast) and make secure, as alongside the lower mast.
- to heave (an anchor) home.
- to fit the end or edge of (a board or the like) into a notch, hole, or groove.
- to form (a joint) between two pieces of wood by fitting the end or edge of one into a dado of the other.
- to take shelter;
- of, pertaining to, or noting a house.
- for or suitable for a house: house paint.
- of or being a product made by or for a specific retailer and often sold under the store's own label: You'll save money on the radio if you buy the house brand.
- served by a restaurant as its customary brand: the house wine.
Verticalver•ti•cal (vûr′ti kəl),USA pronunciation adj.
- being in a position or direction perpendicular to the plane of the horizon;
- of, pertaining to, or situated at the vertex.
- of or pertaining to the cranial vertex.
- (of a leaf ) having the blade in a perpendicular plane, so that neither of the surfaces can be called upper or lower.
- being in the same direction as the axis;
- of, constituting, or resulting in vertical combination.
- of or pertaining to a product or service from initial planning to sale.
- of, pertaining to, or noting a stratified society, nation, etc.
ver′ti•cal′i•ty, ver′ti•cal•ness, ver′ti•cal•ism, n.
- something vertical, as a line or plane.
- a vertical or upright position.
- a vertical structural member in a truss.
Abovea•bove (ə buv′),USA pronunciation adv.
- in, at, or to a higher place.
- overhead, upstairs, or in the sky: My brother lives in the apartment above. A flock of birds circled above.
- higher in rank, authority, or power: She was told to speak to the person above.
- higher in quantity or number: books with 100 pages and above.
- before or earlier, esp. in a book or other piece of writing;
foregoing: the remark quoted above.Cf. below (def. 6).
- in or to heaven: gone to her eternal rest above.
- on the upper or dorsal side.
- [Theat.]upstage. Cf. below (def. 9).
- higher than zero on the temperature scale: The temperature dropped to ten above this morning.
- in or to a higher place than;
over: to fly above the clouds; the floor above ours.
- more in quantity or number than;
in excess of: all girls above 12 years of age; The weight is above a ton.
- superior in rank, authority, or standing to: A captain is above a lieutenant.
- not subject or liable to;
not capable of (some undesirable action, thought, etc.): above suspicion; to be above bad behavior.
- of too fine a character for: He is above such trickery.
- rather than;
in preference to: to favor one child above the other.
- beyond, esp. north of: six miles above Baltimore.
- [Theat.]upstage of.
- above all, most important of all;
principally: charity above all.
- said, mentioned, or written above;
foregoing: the above explanation.
- something that was said, mentioned, or written above: to refer to the above.
- the person or persons previously indicated: The above will all stand trial.
- heaven: truly a gift from above.
- a higher authority: an order from above.
Doordoor (dôr, dōr),USA pronunciation n.
- a movable, usually solid, barrier for opening and closing an entranceway, cupboard, cabinet, or the like, commonly turning on hinges or sliding in grooves.
- a doorway: to go through the door.
- the building, house, etc., to which a door belongs: My friend lives two doors down the street.
- any means of approach, admittance, or access: the doors to learning.
- any gateway marking an entrance or exit from one place or state to another: at heaven's door.
- lay at someone's door, to hold someone accountable for;
- leave the door open, to allow the possibility of accommodation or change;
be open to reconsideration: The boss rejected our idea but left the door open for discussing it again next year.
- lie at someone's door, to be the responsibility of;
be imputable to: One's mistakes often lie at one's own door.
- show someone the door, to request or order someone to leave;
dismiss: She resented his remark and showed him the door.
Ideasi•de•a (ī dē′ə, ī dēə′),USA pronunciation n.
- any conception existing in the mind as a result of mental understanding, awareness, or activity.
- a thought, conception, or notion: That is an excellent idea.
- an impression: He gave me a general idea of how he plans to run the department.
- an opinion, view, or belief: His ideas on raising children are certainly strange.
- a plan of action;
an intention: the idea of becoming an engineer.
- a groundless supposition;
- a concept developed by the mind.
- a conception of what is desirable or ought to be;
- (cap.) [Platonism.]Also called form. an archetype or pattern of which the individual objects in any natural class are imperfect copies and from which they derive their being.
- [Kantianism.]See idea of pure reason.
- a theme, phrase, or figure.
- a likeness.
- a mental image.
Howhow1 (hou),USA pronunciation adv.
- in what way or manner;
by what means?: How did the accident happen?
- to what extent, degree, etc.?: How damaged is the car?
- in what state or condition?: How are you?
- for what reason;
why?: How can you talk such nonsense?
- to what effect;
with what meaning?: How is one to interpret his action?
- what?: How do you mean? If they don't have vanilla, how about chocolate?
- (used as an intensifier): How seldom I go there!
- by what title or name?: How does one address the president?
- at what price: How are the new cars going, cheaper than last year's models?
- by what amount or in what measure or quantity?: How do you sell these tomatoes?
- in what form or shape?: How does the demon appear in the first act of the opera? How does the medication come?
- and how! [Informal.]certainly! you bet!: Am I happy? And how!
- Here's how, [Informal.](used as a toast).
- how come? [Informal.]how is it that? why?: How come you never visit us anymore?
- how so? how does it happen to be so? why?: You haven't any desire to go? How so?
- the manner or way in which: He couldn't figure out how to solve the problem.
- about the manner, condition, or way in which: I don't care how you leave your desk when you go. Be careful how you act.
- in whatever manner or way;
however: You can travel how you please.
- that: He told us how he was honest and could be trusted.
- a question concerning the way or manner in which something is done, achieved, etc.: a child's unending whys and hows.
- a way or manner of doing something: to consider all the hows and wherefores.
- a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter H.
Toto (to̅o̅; unstressed tŏŏ, tə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from): They came to the house.
- (used for expressing direction or motion or direction toward something) in the direction of;
toward: from north to south.
- (used for expressing limit of movement or extension): He grew to six feet.
- (used for expressing contact or contiguity) on;
upon: a right uppercut to the jaw; Apply varnish to the surface.
- (used for expressing a point of limit in time) before;
until: to this day; It is ten minutes to six. We work from nine to five.
- (used for expressing aim, purpose, or intention): going to the rescue.
- (used for expressing destination or appointed end): sentenced to jail.
- (used for expressing agency, result, or consequence): to my dismay; The flowers opened to the sun.
- (used for expressing a resulting state or condition): He tore it to pieces.
- (used for expressing the object of inclination or desire): They drank to her health.
- (used for expressing the object of a right or claim): claimants to an estate.
- (used for expressing limit in degree, condition, or amount): wet to the skin; goods amounting to $1000; Tomorrow's high will be 75 to 80°.
- (used for expressing addition or accompaniment) with: He added insult to injury. They danced to the music. Where is the top to this box?
- (used for expressing attachment or adherence): She held to her opinion.
- (used for expressing comparison or opposition): inferior to last year's crop; The score is eight to seven.
- (used for expressing agreement or accordance) according to;
by: a position to one's liking; to the best of my knowledge.
- (used for expressing reference, reaction, or relation): What will he say to this?
- (used for expressing a relative position): parallel to the roof.
- (used for expressing a proportion of number or quantity) in;
making up: 12 to the dozen; 20 miles to the gallon.
- (used for indicating the indirect object of a verb, for connecting a verb with its complement, or for indicating or limiting the application of an adjective, noun, or pronoun): Give it to me. I refer to your work.
- (used as the ordinary sign or accompaniment of the infinitive, as in expressing motion, direction, or purpose, in ordinary uses with a substantive object.)
- raised to the power indicated: Three to the fourth is 81( 34 = 81).
- toward a point, person, place, or thing, implied or understood.
- toward a contact point or closed position: Pull the door to.
- toward a matter, action, or work: We turned to with a will.
- into a state of consciousness;
out of unconsciousness: after he came to.
- to and fro. See fro (def. 2).